If it is about your dog’s life, you need to be concerned. Why? Simple, their life is all directed to you. No matter how you get grumpy most of the times or how they make you crazy, it is still a fact that they are very loyal to their owners. So, to show them how you appreciate their companionship in fun and tough times, make them feel healthy and happy; below are some ideas of a happy and healthy dog:
- A healthy dog is a well-hydrated dog. Daily fluid intake for dogs is necessary to maintain proper health.
- Remove the burrs off from your dog’s coat. While some are keen for proper dog grooming, it is important to understand that these little nasty burrs can burrow deep into the dogs’ skin and could lead to infection.
- Eliminate the fleas. Although fleas are common to cats and dogs, still, you must know that those little devils can affect your dogs’ health. For instance flea allergy dermatitis (skin allergies), hot spots, tapeworms, anemia, and Bartonella infection.
- Keep them safe from the extreme sun. According to Novartis Animal Health, extreme heat can kill your pet. Sure, they look like they are having so much fun under the sun and lying on their belly; still, like humans, dogs may experience exhaustion, pain, and even skin cancer. So, make sure that your dog will have enough fun under the sun but with restriction.
- When bathing, make sure that the water will not get into their ears. Too much water inside the dog’s ears can cause painful earaches. So, before bathing, make sure to put ear puffs or place moistened cotton with baby oil into the dogs’ ears.
- Keep your dogs’ bowl clean. Like humans, food is important to dogs’ overall health; providing food to an uncleaned bowl can harm the dogs’ health.
- Provide dog foods that are appropriate to their current age and condition. There are several markets that sell dog food for specific age and even to a specific range of breeds.
- Supplements are also important. Adding supplements to your dogs’ diet is important since most of these formulated supplements have necessary vitamins and minerals needed for their growth and overall health. You can visit https://cranimals.com/dog-supplement.html for help and tips.
Dogs, cats, and other pets are similar to human. They must be physically fit to live for the next couple of years healthily and happily. Love them like your own kids.